Of course! To quote one of the most preeminent magicians of all time: Do what
thou wilt is the whole of the law! 8^)

But what it doesn't seem like you see is that by calling them *modes*, I've
created a middle ground between them. It is the same *stuff*, just different
processes. (Or, dually, the same process, just different stuff.) If you admit
to that similarity, then we can take it a step further and show more than just
2 modes ... perhaps even countably infinite modes. Then your distinction of
kind becomes a distinction of degree ... which means it's all the same thing,
merely dependent on which part of the spectrum you're working on. I.e. the
*domain*.

--
☣ uǝlƃ

. ...
FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam