Jochen -

Can you describe more about how your idea of "hidden genes" contrasts
and compares to Dawkin's "memes"?

Glen (I think) has questioned the term (meme) in the past, but I don't
think we ever discussed the point here?  I don't know if his argument
was more against Dawkins, against the use of analogy/metaphor to relate
genes to memes or something yet more fundamental?

I find the least-common-denominator common-usage of the term "meme" to
be somewhat lame but the original term as presented by Dawkins was
fairly compelling and widely applicable... but like all metaphors, it
has it's limits.

I'd be interested in a discussion here on that topic, and perhaps how
that relates to this thread.

- Steve

On 4/14/20 3:28 PM, Jochen Fromm wrote:
> Yes, it was not a real publisher, just a self-publishing company where
> you can publish anything. I cancelled the contract because you need to
> pay every year. It was a sort of trial balloon to see if anybody is
> interested in the topic which I believe is quite explosive. Actually
> nobody was interested. I figured that it is not that dangerous to
> publish it in English if nobody is interested anyway.
>
> The basic idea is that there are "hidden genes" which are expressed
> like normal genes. The only difference is that they are not encoded in
> organic molecules and they do not create biological organisms. We know
> them simply as laws, rules & commandments. They are indeed expressed
> by propaganda or whenever someone preaches something, for instance if
> General Patton preaches to his men that they should "do more than is
> required of you".
>
> It explains everything from the secret of religions to the nature of
> fascism (which is IMHO a form of cancer as old as civilization
> itself). I believe that the deepest secrets hide in plain sight: the
> most intangible mysteries are hidden in the best known daily objects
> most of us have outgrown even noticing. We have stopped wondering
> about things we experience every day or every week, like political
> rallies, campaign speeches, ads and church services.
>
> -J.

. ...
archives: http://friam.471366.n2.nabble.com/