Twitch is what icall  a streaming service
it's also what I see when a friam is now all POTUS, the Covid19 Cluster,
and then someone sends it into the mirror universe (Hi Glen!)
So to make copypast bingo simple
POTUS is a jerk because POTUS Said

OH *@*! COVID19 it's been 5 nanoseconds!

Now when you say (person place or thing). What is about that person place
or thing ness that makes it...it

Saright? Saright!

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 5:05 PM Frank Wimberly <wimber...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>> Excellent! Such credit tracking is something I've always wished I were
>> competent at. I look at all these publications of people I respect and see
>> hundreds of items in the references and my imagination runs wild with how
>> much work they had to do to track down where any given idea came from.
>> Renee's fond of exclamations like "They're so talented!" when watching some
>> musician or somesuch (e.g. this guy https://youtu.be/4LFcNd-psRA). My
>> refrain consists of "Talent is an illusion. What you see is the result of a
>> ton of work." It's a song we sing a lot. I'll gladly cop to being lazy. >8^D
>>
>> I noticed that Jon hid (too well) his answer to Dave's comment about
>> modes of knowledge acquisition. Assuming I'm not imputing it, the idea is
>> that these modes are not necessarily isolated or disjoint, and possibly not
>> even countable. Each agent could comprise 1 mode or a set of modes. But the
>> important part comes down to the idea that the agent (and/or its modes)
>> derives from the world. So, it takes "context matters" to an extreme. The
>> very fact that Dave identifies 5 "ways of knowing" should be derivable from
>> the world (in particular, the slice of the world Dave's experienced).
>> Ontologically, if the world were something other than what it is, an agent
>> like Dave might identify only 1 or hundreds of modes instead of 5.
>> Epistemologically, a different agent might identify 4 or 6 ways of knowing
>> with or without overlap of Dave's 5. If Dave laments the (apparent) fact
>> that everyone's become a scientismist, it may be because the world is
>> expressing scientism through the agents it produces.
>>
>> To me, the issue boils down to the expressive power of the mode. My
>> favorite meta-mathematician is Raymond Smullyan, who competently wrote on
>> all sorts of topics, including something akin to panpsychism. Are his
>> explorations of circularity in logic the same or a different mode from his
>> rejection of traditional Christianity because Hell is unchristian? I have
>> no idea. But it should be clear that Smullyan is both a product of his
>> environment and an encapsulation of some sort of spark/twitch that differs
>> from most of us. Which came first? The egg, of course.

>> discussed in Warren's All the King's Men, arguably my favorite novel.
>> >

>> > It was I.  My narcissism requires that I receive the recognition I
>> deserve.
>>
>> --
>> ☣ uǝlƃ
>> .-. .- -. -.. --- -- -..-. -.. --- - ... -..-. .- -. -.. -..-. -.. .- ...
>> .... . ...
>> FRIAM Applied Complexity Group listserv
>> Zoom Fridays 9:30a-12p Mtn GMT-6  bit.ly/virtualfriam
>>

> --
> Frank Wimberly
> 140 Calle Ojo Feliz
> Santa Fe, NM 87505