Nick,

On Sat, Oct 22, 2022 at 8:32 PM <thompnicks...@gmail.com> wrote:

> And always, always, remember that you are looking through the blood supply
> to your retina because it is mounted backwards.  There must be an enormous
> amount of error correction going on.

Language like that might well get you kicked out of the Neo-Gibsonian
Society!

https://monoskop.org/images/1/12/Gibson_James_J_1972_2002_A_Theory_of_Direct_Visual_Perception.pdf
"we do not see our retinal images. We see the environment"

The task for the perceiver is not to add structure to impoverished sensory
stimulation, but to detect the structure that already exists
(E. J. Gibson & Spelke, 1983).
https://bit.ly/virtualfriam