On 03/21/2017 09:53 PM, Kurt Pagani wrote:
> I've committed some minor changes (https://bitbucket.org/kfp/rh_book)
> and added ug01.

That looks like good work. It helps me a lot to understand the direction
in which this is going.

> Now most of the math output is ok. Some changes to ug01.tex were
> necessary: pandoc cannot deal with unquoted $,@ etc., so these
> special characters should always be quoted at creation time.

We can do this probably automatically. There are some places inside
\spad... commands where this is probably necessary, but I don't
understand, why pandoc would not deal nicely with inline math, i.e.,
$x+1$. And quoting @ inside \index{axiom @{\bf axiom}} is not correct
LaTeX anymore (at least not with the intended behaviour).

> At the moment we only use pand.awk and fricasrst.sty, nothing else.
> Looks very promising to me ;)

Yes. It already looks quite good. You've done a great job already.

Nevertheless, I somehow tend to open a branch on top of my mathjax
branch and create respective Makefile.in entries to automate the
creation of the respective .rst file(s).

Obviously, it might even make sense to tweak the MathJax domain at
runtime in order to produce something that pandoc understands directly.
For example, generate $$ ... $$ instead of \begin{fricasmath}{1} ...
\end{fricasmath}.

Anyway, PanDoc has a way to run filters, I just don't yet know whether
simple awk scripts that run on the (generated) .tex file before feeding
them to pandoc are easier to write than filters that run on the pandoc
representation of the input.

Anyway, in the end I'd like to see something that looks like
https://kfp.bitbucket.io/fricas-ug/, i.e., with TOC and a lot of inner
anchors so that one can point potential users exactly to the position in
the book that is relevant for their problem.

Ralf