On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 23:14:48 PDT, Rob Thompson said:

> this as sheer laziness and quite frankly it's rather pathetic.  Passing
> the buck isn't okay.  We count on the schools to raise our kids and the
> ISP to police the interwebs.  Bullshit!

It may come as a surprise to you - but a large number of people *do* count
on the schools to do a large part of the educating and socializing of the young
ones. There's an awful amount of stuff that kids learn in school that parents
are *not* in a good position to teach - everything from Egyptian history to how
to play well with others on a softball team.  Might want to pick a better
analogy - the days when we could all homeschool our kids are *long* gone, if
they ever existed at all...)

For that matter, our entire economic system only works because of passing the
buck - every time you use a credit card, or write a check, you're passing the
buck to somebody else.  And even using cash rather than bickering and bartering
how many goats that pair of shoes is worth is passing the buck... ;)

Bottom line - unless you live off the grid, in a house you built with your
own two hands using tools you manufactured yourself and material you gathered
yourself, "passing the buck isn't okay" is just a tad hypocritical...