Douglas Wilson asked about input data for modelling.

www.worldgame.org offers a data collection on CD for somthing like
US$240.  Claims to be vety extensive.  Has anybody perused or used
this data?  Is it in a format that can be accessed without using the
proprietary software that accompanies it?  Is that software versatile
enough to be worth the trouble?  Does the dataset live up to its
claims?

Steve Kurtz said:

> The Global System Simulator project is still evolving under The
> Canadian Assoc. for the Club of Rome. I'm on a loose committee which
> is exploring funding ideas for a Global Systems Centre with the
> "Simulator" as its primary tool.

The material on the CACOR website relating to the simulator project
seems not to have been updated for a period of years.  What's the
status of this project, Steve?  Have you considered an "open systems"
approach?  Funding a major modelling project is big bucks and the
people with those bucks to contribute may not want to support somthing
thay can't effectively control to agree with their own agenda.  But
one or two people who hack out the central structure and functionality
and release it for other enthusiastic supporters to hack on can
entrain a huge quantity of diverse expertise with minimal management
or startup overhead.  Moreover, agenda conflicts tend to get hashed
out in public.

- Mike

--
Michael Spencer              Nova Scotia, Canada
[EMAIL PROTECTED]