From: Lawrence de Bivort [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 2:31 PM
To: Christoph Reuss; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Sociology/Victimology 101 (was Re: Women love the burka!)

Well,it is a delight to see another white western male so knowledgeable
about these matters. So, to my rapidly expanding list of questionees, I ask
Chris:

Have YOU EVER talked with a veiled/covered/burka'ed Muslim women about these
matters?  And, have you ever talked with a Catholic covered woman, nun (or
monk, for that matter) about these matters?

If the answer is 'no,' Chris, I suggest you do so before pronouncing
yourself with such absolutist vehemance on these matters.  I know that you
have a penchant for denying the validity of what anyone says (including
Muslim women) that contradicts your firmly-held views of the world, but your
dismissal of what the very people you are making your judgments about say
about their own experience of life, is risable.