Well said, Jan.

Can you say a bit more about the dowry matter in Afghanistan?  Did it become
a major issue for the Taliban, the way modesty and the burka did?  It is
probably too early to tell, but do you have any sense of whether the removal
of the Taliban affected dowry practices.  I suspect, by the way, that not
only did dowry pre-date the Taliban, but it predated Islam as well. I can't,
off-hand, think of any culture in which a dowry of some sort or another
(sometimes paid from the female to the male side, and sometimes from the
male to the female side) hasn't been customary, if only at a symbolic level.

Best regards,
Lawry