Chris,

Here I am again with my incredible patience. You said:

"Who had installed and armed (incl. with WMD) Saddam in the first
place  .  .  "

The 2,400 tanks and 400 planes with which Saddam invaded Iran
were Soviet. The so-called "weapons of mass destruction" were
supplied by the US Centers for Disease Control, which routinely
answered requests for biological material from all over the world
- including Iraq.

After 8 years, Saddam was re-equipped for the final move into an
exhausted Iran.

By whom? By Russia of course, though no doubt France's 30 latest
model Mirage planes armed with exojets killed a lot of Iranians.

Interestingly enough, Iran used American F14's and F15's to fight
Saddam's Russian planes - and they did very well. A ship - or
maybe two - got through the Iraqi blockade and delivered parts
for the American planes. I assume they originated somewhere
American but of that I'm uncertain. The Kuwaiti venture was no
doubt carried out with those Russian tanks and planes that Iraq
used to finish off Iran.

That wasn't too difficult was it?

Henry George School of Social Science
of Los Angeles
Box 655  Tujunga  CA  91042
Tel: 818 352-4141  --  Fax: 818 353-2242
http://haledward.home.comcast.net