On Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 11:13:21AM +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
> 2009/3/14 Dominik Vogt <dominik.v...@gmx.de>:
> > * html documentation
> >
> >  Became a part of fvwm because people spent a lot of work on it.
> >  It is *the* top 1 reason why I don't write features anymore:
> >  I'm simply unable to write the documentation anymore.
>
> I find this really sad.  To think that one of core FVWM developers
> over the years no longer has any gumption to write new features
> because of the documentation?  Well that surely has to change.
> Dominik, I assume (from my own experiences) that for you:
>
> * The overhead in understanding how the documentation fits together is high;
> * The requirement for using/learning XML is too much;
>
> Things like that?

Yes.

My problems are:

 * I can't read XML source files.  They make me angry when I look
   at them.  Too much markup effectively hides the content and
   makes me focus on formating instead of the text.
 * I can never remember which tags to use.
 * I have to grep through all the xml files to find anything.  I'm
   totally lost in the new structure.
 * I don't understand how things play together.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt