On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 07:26:13AM -0700, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 05 2010, Thomas Adam wrote:

> >> It wouldn't be impossible to change over; CVS -> SVN -> GIT
> >> I know, I know, it would still be a huge and painful effort.
> >>
> >> Would it make sense to make a clean break with 2.60?  Leave the old
> >> stuff in CVS, but on the 2.60 release, start with a completely new git
> >> repository containing just the released 2.60 code, and continue on from
> >> there?
> >
> > Sometimes, questions are meant to be rhetorical.  :)
>
>         If they were not, git does provide a means of converting CVS
>  over to git, and then provides a fake CVS server that  reads from a git
>  backend.  I won't say it is painless, but it has been known to work
>  well.

You're not telling me things I don't already know, given I am already
involved in the Git project.

Psychologically though, it's always fascinating to me how far shed-painting
will pull people out of the woodwork, given the opportunity to voice an
opinion which holds no real meaning/weight to do with the project concerned.

I'll keep these opinions on file... :)   Thanks.

-- Thomas Adam

P.S.  I'd for for blue.  Oh no, that's likely already taken.  Damn.

--
"It was the cruelest game I've ever played and it's played inside my head."
-- "Hush The Warmth", Gorky's Zygotic Mynci.