On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 07:19:56PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Thomas Adam,
>
> Am 2011-10-25 09:11:26, hacktest Du folgendes herunter:
> > That's just tough, I'm afraid.  That mail checker is all but useless with
> > today's email usage; it doesn't do IMAP for example, and even at the time
> > when it was written, tools which provide its equivalent functionality, such
> > as xbiff, xbuffy, etc., very much existed.  They can always be used
> > instead.
>
> Right, this is something, which should be removed.
>
> Some years ago I tried to make a box,  where  MiniIcons show  up,  if  I
> start HIDEN applications (can be defined from Name  of  Resource/Class),
> but then had no time.

And just how do you define "HIDEN"? (c.f. "HIDDEN" - and even then, there's
no need to shout or otherwise capitalise such words).  You can of course
achieve such things easily using a State definition or better yet just
setting WindowListSkip on such windows, and then asking the various modules
to honour that.

> I like to see something Windows use in its taskbar...

You'll need to elaborate on this, since I don't know what this means.

> > In terms of FvwmTaskBar itself, that'll be nothing more than a generated set
> > of module lines which wrap around FvwmButtons; FvwmTaskBar itself will be
> > nothing more than a set of module-alias lines for FvwmButtons, where one of
> > its jobs is to swallow FvwmIconMan.
>
> Adam, Please can ypu provide a FvwmButtonPanel  which   allow  UN/HIDING

My forename is Thomas, incidentally.  Adam is my surname, and whilst in
certain cultures the act of using one's surname is considered polite, to me
it is not.  Since this has also come up recently, I do _not_ like being
called Tom, and prefer Thomas in all instances, but will tolerate Tom over
being called Adam any day.

> using on Mouse-Over.  I was never able to configure this...  I  have  to
> click every time on the FvwmButtonsPanel to let the FvwmButtons show  up
> and hide.

Then you're doing this wrong and the answer to this is already in the FAQ,
FWIW.

When replying to this, or your other mail (to which I've also replied) --
pick the thread which best describes your points, since the questions you've
raised in this email are already answered by a different mail to you which
is most annoying.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)