On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 08:34:41PM -0500, Dan Espen wrote:
> Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org> writes:
>
> > On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 07:27:30PM -0500, Dan Espen wrote:
> >> If you'd like a challenge, there is a significant usability problem
> >> with fvwm-menu-desktop.  It only occurs on first use but
> >> it's difficult to tell what fvwm is doing when you cursor past
> >> or click on the "D" in the built in Fvwm menu.
> >
> > It's only faster the second time due to the kernel caching.  But hopefully
> > it shouldn't be too slow now with the changes we've looked in to, Dan.
> >
> >> A mouse pointer change or "please wait" balloon during Popup would help.
> >
> > Doesn't the BusyCursor definition cover this?
>
> It should but doesn't.

It works for me.  With this:

BusyCursor Read True
CursorStyle Wait Dot

I get the dot cursor style when any PipeRead command is run, including the
PipeRead command used for fvwm-menu-desktop.

Is this not enough of a visual clue?

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)