On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 06:29:13AM +0300, Alexander Kotelnikov wrote:
> wrote:
> Dan>
> Dan>
> Dan> Alexander Kotelnikov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >> Hello.
> >>
> >> It seems that the trouble was in side effects of setting GC font. If
> >> someone can explain me, why exactly problem appears, I will
> >> appreciate.
> >>
> >> Second patch is for modules/, first does not affect them. Please not
> >> that it is for released fvwm 2.4.4 and it is much less tested than
> >> first one, may be someone should revise it accurately
> >>
> >> Also all STRICTLY_FIXED parts of fvwm code would be removed from the
> >> code (since nobody guarantee us that 'fixed' has character set that
> >> matches our locale).
> >>
> >> Third patch is a small modification to modules also. (substitution
> >> of XCreateFonSet of GetFonSetOrFixed)
> >>
> >> Fourth patch is GetFontSetOrFixed modification, which I emphatically
> >> ask you to accept.
> Dan>
> Dan> The only one I looked at is the last one.
> Dan> I can tell that you didn't make up your patch against current
> Dan> CVS since I recently fixed up the messages in GetFontSetOrFixed
> Dan> and your patch doesn't reflect that.
> Dan>
> Dan> Patches should be against current CVS to make it easier on us.
>
> Oh... I realised now that GetFont.c diff against is in the end on 1st
> patch. To put everything together I place that patch here again

About the GetFont.c changes: you use *-fixed-* as fallback font.
What about using something like:

#define FALLBACK_FONT "-*-fixed-medium-r-normal-*-14-*-*-*-*-*-*-*,*-fixed-*"

and we can add more fonts I think. The (small) problem with *-fixed-* is
that I get a bold large font.

> I see some I18N_MB changes happend on cvs. Only two (actuaaly three,
> first is two in one) patches now.
>
> Also I ask you for removing idiotic STRICTLY_FIXED either in I18N_MB
> case or in ASCII/Latin1 (!I18N_MB)

Is STRICTLY_FIXED used in !I18N_MB codes? I do not think so.
Anyway I do not think STRICTLY_FIXED is defined somewhere.
But yes I think this should be removed.

Olivier