On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 12:02:53AM +0200, Jan Echternach wrote:
> I've tried fvwm-snap-20020607, and the root colormap is restored properly
> again.  But the old bug is also back: Closing Netscape's "Find" window
> with ESC doesn't restore Netscape's colormap if the pointer is inside
> the Netscape window, but outside the "Find" dialog.

Same with fvwm-2.4.8.

I've discovered that HandleEnterNotify() is only called with Netscape's
"frame" window in this situation, not with the real window.  Output from
a fprintf() at the beginning of HandleEnterNotify():

  ewp->window=0x8000a0, Event.xany.window=0x8000a0, Tmp_win->w=0x14003ae

If the pointer was inside the transient "Find" window before closing it:

  ewp->window=0x8000a0, Event.xany.window=0x8000a0, Tmp_win->w=0x14003ae
  ewp->window=0x14003ae, Event.xany.window=0x14003ae, Tmp_win->w=0x14003ae

If the pointer is moved onto the title bar:

  ewp->window=0x8000a1, Event.xany.window=0x8000a1, Tmp_win->w=0x14003ae

I've no idea what this Tmp_win->frame window is, or why there is sometimes
one EnterNotify event and sometimes two.  But changing

  Event.xany.window == Tmp_win->w

  Event.xany.window == Tmp_win->w || Event.xany.window == Tmp_win->frame

near the end of HandleEnterNotify() seems to fix (or work around)
the problem.

> Furthermore, I've tried "ColormapFocus FollowsFocus" (instead of the
> default "FollowsMouse").  Neither of the bugs I've experienced with
> "FollowsMouse" appears with "FollowsFocus", but there is a different bug
> instead: Moving a window with FvwmPager installs that window's colormap.
> For example, moving an "xv -owncmap" window leaves the screen garbled,
> even though the pointer never leaves the pager window and the xv window
> isn't even in the current viewport before or after moving it.  Moving an
> xterm with the pager installs the correct colormap again ...

This bug is still there, even in fvwm-2.4.8 with the workaround I've
found.

--
Jan                           fortune: can't load library '/libc.so.4'
                                      No such library.