On Sun, Dec 05, 2010 at 07:59:32AM -0800, Jason Timrod wrote:
> Hi
>
> Some apps have options like "-title" or "-T" to set the title of windows.
> Not all apps have this tho - so how can i set the title of the window when
> the app doesnt have such an option?

It's not possible to set (in FVWM terms) the visible_name of the window, no.
If you're lucky, some applications might respond to:

xprop -set WM_NAME some_new_title

But it likely won't work for most of the apps you're referring to (they'd
likely alread have provided a -T or -title option anyway), and note that not
application have to respond to resetting WM_NAME anyway.

"Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)