Was: Re: FVWM: [worksforme] FVWM does not update the window title when the new
window title contains a unicode character
Now: Why is Debian behind schedule regarding recent FVWM versions so much?

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 09:05:15 +0000
> Von: Thomas Adam <tho...@fvwm.org>
> An: "Michael Großer" <michael.gros...@gmx.de>
> CC: fvwm@fvwm.org
> Betreff: Re: FVWM: [worksforme] FVWM does not update the window title when
> the new window title contains a unicode character

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 09:59:28AM +0100, Michael Großer wrote:
> > but it solved my problem with FVWM version 2.5.30.
>
> That version is not supported.  I know Debian is falling behind something
> chronic with keeping up to date, but I won't want to hear any bug reports
> from you which aren't against either 2.6.3 or more preferrably the CVS
> version taken from branch-2_6.
>
> -- Thomas Adam
>
> --
> "Deep in my heart I wish I was wrong.  But deep in my heart I know I am
> not." -- Morrissey ("Girl Least Likely To" -- off of Viva Hate.)

I plan to use at least KVM and FVWM directly from upstream on
further systems, because these packages are the most important.

But, the idea of a distribution like Debian is to get
stable software onto the computer by typing
"apt-get install something". Each exception I have to make
erodes the whole idea of a ready-to-use Linux distribution.

My Wheezy and Sid systems, wich were up-to-date during
Christmas, also come with FVWM "2.5.30". This seems to be
true until now:

http://packages.debian.org/lenny/fvwm
--> fvwm (1:2.5.26-1)

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/fvwm
--> fvwm (1:2.5.30.ds-1)

http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/fvwm
--> fvwm (1:2.5.30.ds-1)

http://packages.debian.org/sid/fvwm
--> fvwm (1:2.5.30.ds-1 and others)

Does anybody know why even Sid is behind schedule that much?