On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Claude Rubinson <c...@grundrisse.org> wrote:
> But it would be nice to keep the integration with the Debian menu
> system.  I think that it's of great value to new users if a new
> install of FVWM includes the Debian menu by default.  Not just because
> it's user-friendly but also because it demonstrates that they don't
> have to generate their own menu.  If this isn't possible, maybe a
> sample script could be added to /usr/share/doc/fvwm/sample.fvwmrc/
> and/or a note describing how to enable the Debian menu could be added
> to a Debian.README file.

I agree that adding a note to Debian.README would be a good idea. But
I don't think including the menu by default (i.e. when the user has no
config file) is feasible, since that would substitute the problem of
this thread with a new one. Namely, difference from upstream and
causing support problem if there's a problem with the menu.

Regarding sample scripts, all the example configs under
/usr/share/doc/fvwm already include the Debian menu. I'm talking about
system.fvwm2rc-sample-1/2, system.fvwm2rc, system.fvwm2rc-sample-95,
etc.

Regards,

Vincent Chen