On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 03:04:40PM -0800, Vincent W. Chen wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Claude Rubinson <c...@grundrisse.org> wrote:
> > But it would be nice to keep the integration with the Debian menu
> > system.  I think that it's of great value to new users if a new
> > install of FVWM includes the Debian menu by default.  Not just because
> > it's user-friendly but also because it demonstrates that they don't
> > have to generate their own menu.  If this isn't possible, maybe a
> > sample script could be added to /usr/share/doc/fvwm/sample.fvwmrc/
> > and/or a note describing how to enable the Debian menu could be added
> > to a Debian.README file.
> >
> I agree that adding a note to Debian.README would be a good idea. But
> I don't think including the menu by default (i.e. when the user has no
> config file) is feasible, since that would substitute the problem of
> this thread with a new one. Namely, difference from upstream and
> causing support problem if there's a problem with the menu.

Remember, there are a number of Debian packages which differ from
upstream probably so they "fit" into the Debian 'ecoystem', please
consider fvwm in the same light. If *you* think that by having a default
menu setup is more beneficial for Debian users, then by all means go
with your gut feeling.

Users should know to report bugs to the Debian BTS where the maintainer
will handle it from there, this is the same for any other package in the
Debian repos, fvwm is not unusual here.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X