On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 09:14:54AM +0000, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
 > On 23 Aug 2002 23:32:02 +0200, Imre Vida wrote:
 > >
 > > This also suggests that the maintainers are aware of (at least some)
 > > problems on this "front". This is to put it very softly, as John did
 > > it earlier "a bit naughty" against all those "stupid users" like me.
 >
 > Well, the multibyte support is marked experimental in 2.4.x and disabled
 > by default. Sorry it caused you any problems.

 sorry, the criticism was not directed against you.
 I was just somewhat puzzled by what you said.
 To have an experimetal feature is fine, but to have it
 enabled in a "stable" distribution (Debian and RH) is not
 - especially when it is not documented for the user.
 But again this should be directed to a different forum.

 imre