Dominik Vogt <fvwm@fvwm.org> writes:

>> > Mising a comfortable way to read the man page I've started a info
>> > page on fvwm today, mainly just porting over the the man page. As
>> > that will be a lot of work, i though on putting it on a cvs server
>> > so other ppl can participate. My question: Can it be put on the
>> > fvwm cvs server or should i use savannah?
>>
>> This was a good idea, IMHO FVWM should definitely include a info
>> file.  This will indeed require some work, but since I usually prefer
>> info over man I would be willing to help out with the creation.
>
> However, creating an info page is not enough.  It must be maintained
> like the man page, and I don't see anybody doing it.

To keep the whole thing low here, i don't asked to include the info file
in fvwm ... just for interested ppl and *maybe* a playce on cvs (before
putting it on savannah). That was no call for "I will mantain the new
documentation format"... :)

> I don't think we will have an up to date info page before we switch to
> a different documentation source format.  Olivier has made some
> efforts on this topic in the past, but did not come to a conclusion
> yet.

If there is the possibility to get a new documentation source format in
a reasonable time i won't say another thing about that issue (as long as
the format support info :) ) But in any other case i see no harm in
doing a info file easily portable to xml, html, docbook and tex?!

Grettings! Mario

--
The Tao that is seen
Is not the true Tao, until