Thomas Adam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> To keep the whole thing low here, i don't asked to include the info file
>> in fvwm ... just for interested ppl and *maybe* a playce on cvs (before
>> putting it on savannah). That was no call for "I will mantain the new
>> documentation format"... :)
>
> I should like to think you would otherwise what's the point of starting it
> off in the first place? It would be a waste of time and effort.

What waste could it be for me and possible some others (?) who wanted
to have it in info format to read it?!

I don't think any free software project would ever have been started
if there would be a "Don't start to code until you are willing to
mantain it or find somebdy else who do it" from all sides...

>> If there is the possibility to get a new documentation source format in
>> a reasonable time i won't say another thing about that issue (as long as
>> the format support info :) ) But in any other case i see no harm in
>> doing a info file easily portable to xml, html, docbook and tex?!
>
> I do....maintainability. The man pages are always kept upto date. If
> people start wanting to read an info page which is not they'll be
> mis-informed.

I don't want the info page to be the same as the manual ... manuals are
a totally other thing than just man pages ... i've just started to add
a few things from the man page which are important for me.... And there
will be no "mis-leading" in calling it alpha and put a note in
it.

Greetings!

Mario

--