way to rain on my parade

On 7/16/07, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-- townxelliot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
(on Monday, 16 July 2007, 09:03 AM -0700):

> I'm not sure how FlashMessenger is supposed to work, as there are several
> places where a $namespace option is supposed to be accepted by a function,
> but it's not part of the parameters. Also, adding namespaces adds complexity
> when using hasMessages(), count() etc., which currently only return values
> for the current namespace, not all namespaces. I wondered whether anyone can
> point me at the definitive design document or similar for this, so I can get
> an idea of how it's intended to work. I would like to be able to use
> namespaces, so it would be useful to know whether the API is going to cope
> with those or not.

A number of developers -- including Eric, whom you quote below, and
myself -- have voiced frustration over how the FlashMessenger currently
works in regards to namespaces. I've created a JIRA issue requesting
that each of the various *Messages() methods take an optional $namespace
parameter; this would simplify using the FlashMessenger in most cases
as there would be no setup required to use alternate namespaces (other
than the default namespace).

The issue can be found at:

    http://framework.zend.com/issues/browse/ZF-1705

This will only deal with namespace usage, not with clearing a namespace
after retrieval; that will be addressed separately.

> Eric Coleman-3 wrote:
> >
> > I believe the API is incomplete as I mentioned in a previous email.
> > I spent a tiny bit of time testing this and I think the small changes
> > are enough..
> >
> > What I did
> >
> >   - added getNamespace() - returns current namespace
> >   - implemented direct method as direct($message, $namespace =
> > 'default')
> >     this was mentioned in the manual but seems to have been missing
> >   - changed getCurrentMessages() to getCurrentMessages($clear = false)
> >     if you want to clear out the namespace after retrieval, change it
> > to true

PHP Developer            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Zend - The PHP Company   | http://www.zend.com/