I think I'd argue for keeping this stuff in the session, but maybe providing
a way to specify different session back-ends, or maybe for specifying a
different back-end for different namespaces. I also wonder how the
hasMessages() and similar state reporting methods should work with multiple
namespaces in FlashMessenger - should they also take an optional argument?