Karol Grecki wrote:

> You have no way to tell how this choice affected the benchmarks, you
> cannot assume that every framework was slowed down equally. For example if
> I/O was particularly slow, that would penalize frameworks with larger
> number of includes more than others, skewing the results.

We are talking about existing operating systems and enviroments, not about
ideal, not existing (or experimental) enviroments with artificial ultra bad
performing I/O management.

On existing enviroments, you'll find that the variations between Windows
Vista + Apache performances and (GNU/)Linux + Apache performances won't
compensate so much the "magnitude" of performance differences between slower
and faster PHP scripts.

We are talking about Linux + Apache and Windows + Apache, not Linux + Apache
and an abacus.

However, maybe you should develop that application avoiding over-engineering
and using less PHP includes, because they are always not-so-fast (especially
if you don't use bytecode caching systems) also on machines with the most
performant I/O subsystems.

> You think it's just about having the environment constant, would you be
> able to tell which off-road car is better after testing both of the on the
> same highway? No.

You should know these are computers and not cars (where you have
aerodynamics issues etc.), your example is just plain wrong ;-)