That's insignificant, he didn't test some frameworks on a personal computer
with Windows Vista and other frameworks on a supercomputer; his test was
perfectly fair. Absolute results of that benchmark are insignificant, you
should care about relative results.

As I've already said (I quote myself)

ekerazha wrote:

> Are you (and other professed software architects) saying that there's a
> "Windows Vista-way" and a "Linux way" for PHP programming? PHP is a high
> level interpreted language, should I believe that you have 2 different
> software engineering strategies if you deploy a *PHP* application on a
> Windows system or on a Linux system? "PHP for Linux": nice. Please, don't
> let us laugh, that's just ridiculous.

Somebody wrote some code because he thought it was good code. Now somebody
else shows that your framework is slower than another framework on Windows
Vista: you have to blame your code, not Windows Vista, because the other
framework was on Windows Vista too... and yes, it was faster and "probably"
it will be faster on every other operating system. Remember, "relative
results".

We could discuss about the PHP version (maybe you have optimized your code
for the last PHP version), but this discussion about
to-Windows-or-not-to-Windows (from you and other people) is simply
valueless.

But if you prefer your theory, you could add a "PHP for Linux" label to your
apps ;-)