I still don't know how to log all statements sent to the db (regardless if
they pass or fail) but you are right about the exception and that is what I
really need now.

So far I couldn't get the whole offending sql statement because I was using
<?= $this->exception->getTraceAsString() ?>
to write out the exception and it truncated the sql.

Now I am using
<? var_dump($this->exception->getTrace()) ?>
and it gives me what I needed - the sql and the parameters sent along in
case of an exception.

Thx.
SWK