-- aoohralex <aoohra...@gmail.com> wrote
(on Wednesday, 16 September 2009, 08:00 AM -0700):
> So you think this is a mistake that these things are in Symfony Framework,
> ASP.NET Framework and many others frameworks ? :)

Yes and no.

Listen, web development has changed drastically in the past five years.
Five years ago, I would never have dreamed of writing a website without
an RDBMS. Today? Many developers never touch an RDBMS -- there are a
number of document databases such as Couch and Tokyo out there, many
sites communicate via web service calls to internal web services, cloud
services, or third-party web services, and still others are using
services such as memcached for most frontend code (using write-through
caching to update the cache on modifications).

Since the initial pre-release (0.1.0), ZF has made a decision *not* to
tie the model to RDBMS systems. As such, it makes zero sense to assume
that a default web project will utilize a database -- our experience
says elsewhise. Don't expect the zf command to start generating this
stuff by default soon.

That said -- I wouldn't be surprised if we offer Zend_Tool providers
that *will* setup that information for you. At that point, it would
simply be an additional command:

 % zf create project foo
 % cd foo
 % zf add config database --adapter=mysqli --host=localhost --username=me
--password=me

Additionally, because of the flexible way in which Zend_Tool is created,
you can create your own project profile that would potentially call this
as part of "zf create project". So you can have it *your* way if you
want -- you'd just need to put a little effort into it.

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/