I took a look at your code, and I've tried mine with the same headers to no
avail. I've also tried specifying the encoding in the drawText method. It
still just gives me a blank PDF file with the font embeded.

Unfortunately I'm unable to test the code you supplied directly because it
appears to be part of a custom class and is referencing a helper object I
don't have or am not aware of. I'm fairly new to the Zend framework, so if
this is a zend object I should be instantiating please let me know. A simple
snippet I could use procedurally would be best.