Moin Moin G-Books,

Am 20.03.2002 schriebst Du:
On 20.03.2002, you wrote:

>New clean Install....
>
>Well tonight I cleared off a partition and loaded basic 9.04 back on the
>partition, loaded toast 4.1.3, plugged in the QueFire and it (Toast)
>recognized it instantly. No hesitation.

[...]

>Other opinions?

Did you consider a hardware fault?
I had trouble using my external hard drive (in a FW/USB enclosure)
when using my Newtech FW PC-Card. Sometimes writing to the drive
produced a "write error" only.
After playing around with several system components a came across the
fact, that everything works good right after switching on the
Wallsteet in the morning: It seems the temperatue has a negative
effect on the Firewire-PC-Card; when I put the card in the fridge for
a while everything goes well (for a moment until it warms up)... :-(

Martin
--
Dipl.phys. Martin Schmidt                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Institut f"ur Mikrotechnik an der TU Braunschweig

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.