> John Featherstone wrote:

Yeah, thanks for that. I hadn't read the "read me" but its pretty apparent
in the real world.  That's why the good folks at Apple take the time to
write those little gems for all of us folks who just rely on intuitive
software. Install and use.

That must account for the OS 9.0.4 partition  working just fine with Toast
and my QueFire since those add ins weren't there in that version.

I may have to learn to either "neuter" the new functions, or learn to live
without Toast, and use apple's proprietary software, or continue to live
under OS 9.1 or less.  I did try to rename the extensions to get them to
load first. I was one of those for whom it didn't work.

Contrary to some of the reply posts, the Newer FireWire 2 Go card seems just
fine with my CalDrive firewire hard drive under OS 9.2.2. Which would seem
to corroborate what you are telling me.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.