On 02/04/02 11:44, "Jack Hodgson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My 400 mhz Pismo has died. It booted into target disk mode this morning as
> always but I noticed later that the screen was black. The icon still showed
> up on my G-4 desktop but my G-4 soon froze up and I had to reboot it. The
> Pismo icon was gone after the G-4 restarted.
>
> The Pismo was running off AC power, not battery. I tried unplugging the
> power supply but it's still dead and as far as I know, the battery is
> charged.
>
> I'm running OS X 10.1.2 on both machines and I have plenty of RAM. It's
> apparently a hardware/power problem, rather than software, but I'm clueless
> as to why. I've never had this problem before.

Did you try resetting the power management unit? Don't remember what is it
on a Pismo. There used to be a little label with the key combination on a
Wallstreet, but it's not there anymore on the Pismo. I think it was
fn+ctrl+power or something like that.

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Washington, DC, USA
finger-pointing syndrome n.: All-too-frequent result of bugs, esp. in new or
experimental configurations. The hardware vendor points a finger at the
software. The software vendor points a finger at the hardware. All the poor
users get is the finger.

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.