1. Decided to beef up my 400 Mhz Firewire Powerbook by replacing the 10 GB
drive with a 40 GB drive and to replace my 64 MB Ram with a 512 MB ram so
combined with my other 256 MB stick I'd have a total of 768 MB.

2. I am a retired Navy Electronics Technician and have worked with computers
and Macs for years so please believe me when I say I followed all the good
practices while doing the installations. In fact I downloaded the PDFs and
watched the videos before starting the job.

3.Now the problem: The Powerbook will not turn on.

4. Nothing I do will make it power up. BTW I have re-installed the old parts
so the machine is in the same condition it was in prior to the start of this
problem and where things were functioning properly.

5. Resetting the power manager per Apple's instructions does nothing. The
one other thing that I was able to find suggests leaving the machine plugged
into the charger for 48 hours to recharge the back-up battery. I have
plugged it in, but decided I start looking for other suggestions while the
time passes.

6. I suspect the problem is related to the back-up battery since the laptop
is about 3 years old. However, I can't find any documentation on how to
replace it on this model (Pismo Firewire 400 Mhz).

If any of you kind folks have had a similar experience or can point me to
documentation on replacing the back-up battery I would appreciate an email.
You can respond off-list or on if you feel it may be instructive to others.

TIA
Joe Ellis

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]