On 04/04/02 06:29, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 01:28:37 EST
>> Subject: Re: iBOok batt's....Re:  Going Batty Over Batteries
>
>> So you CAN work without a battery, but your time/date will be hosed everytime
>> you put to sleep, restart, shutdown, or loose power.. not a great idea, in my
>> mind....
>
> As a "PS" to the post I just sent...
> If the battery is dead, it will not hold the date time.  OK.
> The date was 1/1/04, yet the time, even though incorrect, was moving along.
> So I reset the date/time correctly, 2nd battery in (was in 24 hours
> w/adapter plugged in and ibook off - hoping for that elusive recharge). So I
> just now shut down the ibook to see if it would hold the correct date/time.
> Restarted it, and the date/time is still current and correct!  So what does
> That Mean? :-/
>
> Because, as I said, if I shut down, and unplug the adapter from the ibook,
> it will not restart unless I plug the adapter back into the computer, which
> I thought meant the battery was completely dead - so why is it holding the
> correct date/time if it needs a working-battery in order to do so?
>
> And, again, the control strip is saying battery is recharged, but ibook will
> not work w/o the adapter plugged into it.
>
> I think I better stick with a desktop.  This battery business is sooo
> confusing.  ;)
>
> For all intents and purposes, I am assuming both batteries are shot. :)

What does the battery indicator say?

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]             Washington, DC, USA
bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.