These are not inexpensive digital cameras that we are talking about now! An
inexpensive 35mm film camera (less that $100) will outshoot any inexpensive
digital camera (less than $300) out there when it comes to photographic
sharpness.

Having used the D1X (5.33 Megapixel) and an EOS-1D (4.06 Megapixel), I can
say that they are both great digital cameras, but with digital limitations
as well as digital advantages. Their limitations are the pixels that the
camera is able to record on its CCD and most important to me, the lag time
involved between the highest quality images. They are great for giving
instant feedback on your photograph and they do a respectable job of
delivering a quality product on a professional level.

With that said, both my Hasselblad 501 and my Pentax 67 will shoot rings
around both of those cameras when it comes to photographic sharpness and the
ability to do enlargements.

Tom

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.