Ugh!  I'm not a moderator, but Mike, your holier-than-thou tirade
based on economic philosophy has just earned you time in my penalty
box. You bought a Linksys, fine it works for you, it's not superior
because of economic theory, no matter how much you apply your bias for it.
Using it to defend poor customer support was a bit weak.  Getting poor
service is a little different than getting none when something has a
warranty/service offer that was paid for.  Also what's with this
flip-flopping on standards? For the gold standard of your economic
philosophy, Linksys should be held to none?  Fine, Linksys has decided
they want to stay in business by screwing their customers and blatently
deny them service outright.  Then we can say they suck and say what kind
of service we expect and who provides it.  Ironically, this fits nicely
into your theory, but for some reason you have decided to ignore it.  So
think a little more before you decide to light a petty flame war and waste
the rest of our time.

Peter

  CoolPad at Staples. Both in white for iBooks at <http://roadtools.com>.