aron nelson wrote:
> Kyle,
>
> People are actually getting scratches when they carry the TiBook
> around like a book. It's apparently not just oil.

That's being caused by grit getting trapped in the grease deposits and
on the keys. It's not just a problem with TiBooks; we're seeing this on
most of the newer laptops here, especially the really thin ones.

> Yes, the only answer so far is the cloth or leather to protect the screen.
>
> Bummer.

slight pain in the ass, but the alternative is a thicker, heavier
laptop, since to cure the problem you need to keep the screen away form
the keyboard, which would require space, and more material in the screen
side to stiffen it.

I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing companies offer screen
protectors like they use on Palm Pilots and Newtons..

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona