Jim Freeman on 5/22/02 2:58 PM wrote:

> I've never heard of an ibook having this problem. I have it on my Pismo
> and TiBooks have it, but ibooks?

After about 3 months of use these scuffs (I don't think "scratches" properly
describes the problem) are quite apparent on my iBook (dual USB).

Not only that, since the iBook keyboard extends to within 5mm of the left
and right edge, there are also scuffs becoming visible on the plastic bezel
surrounding the LCD screen. The matte finish of the bezel is becoming shiny
where the edges of the keys make contact with it.

The problem for me is getting into the habit of laying my protective screen
saver over the keyboard prior to closing the lid. It spends 90% of the time
laying on the desk where I forgot it.

Since my iBook takes a daily trip to and from work, it spends a lot of time
squeezed inside my computer bag which is already overstuff with a lot of
other crap applying pressure to the poor thing.

Oh well, it's just a tool to work with, not a piece of art (although it is
good looking enough to draw the envious looks and comments of a lot of PC
laptop users).

-makmac