>> The weirdest thing is before I bought my TiBook, all I heard is how
>> good the units were. After I received it, then I "mistakenly" went on
>> the Apple forum site and man..... I've never seen so many problems
>> with an Apple product!
>
> Oh, man, don't judge it by that site...it is 'Squeaky Wheel Central'
> pure and simple. Everyone I know with a TiBook loves it, and has no
> problems with it.

I know many, many people who have tibooks and have had major problems with
them, all rev. A/B/C models, I don't know any with revision D.

Some of them love them and have had no problems, but others have had
nightmares of quality problems. I've found it interesting, as the ones I
know that have had had the horrible problems but have desktop machines and
have been able to limp along without it cant wait to get it back. I know
others who have been fed up to the point of jumping platform, as they were
straight notebook users, and others who went down to an ibook or just do
without a laptop right now.

I actually just gave mine up (rev B) after having to send it back 3 times
total. I happened to have two ibooks due to having to buy a second when both
the tibook and the ibook had to go in at the same time, and needed one for a
travel trip and just decided I was happier  with the ibook due to less noise
and heat and  reliability.

Basically, in closing, there is a squeaky wheel syndrome in a lot of those
forums.  But I know that the tibook has been a QA nightmare foralot of
people, and definetly one of their more problematic models (right up there
with the 62xx+ models) and even though you may have had good experiences,
others may have had the exact opposite and simply discounting them does no
one any good, and gives no incentive for apple to improve on their problem
areas.

--
Michael Bryan Bell

http://homepage.mac.com/michael_bell/