bill wells wrote:
> There have been a couple of posts talking about no upgrade break for
> those of us who purchased X1
> Is this from knowledge or rumor? Cuz if true, I think I'll stay with
> 9 and sell all my apple stock now.
> bill

Jeez.

"Apple's gonna make me pay for an upgrade...I'm gonna dump it all!"

you people sound like Linuxfreeks "How dare you charge for something!
It's always supposed to be free! Waaaaah! Waaaah!"

1) 10.2 is a major upgrade. Bigtime major. Like, from 7.6 to 8.1 major.
There's a huge amount of new technology in this release.

2)It's not like Apple hasn't been doing this since, ohh, System 7.6!
(You had to pay full nut for going to 7.6, 8.0, 8.5, 9.0, and 10.0..if
you bought 10.0 you got a free upgrade to 10.1, or don't you remember?)

Almost as bad as all the people screaming bloody murder over mac.com
charging now.

(folks...price what you get with .mac from other isp's and or online
services...you'll be paying a lot more than $8.30 a month. *If* you can
get it.)

--
Bruce Johnson
University of Arizona