Except: OS 10.1(.x) remains (to my mind) a sluggish, incomplete and
not-quite-ready-for-prime-time system, and those of us who adopted it early
deserve *some* price break for suffering through its early inadequacies, I
think.

Certainly would be appropriate (and not just kindhearted) for Apple to
provide updates at a discount for those with proofs of previous OS X
purchase.

I haven't given up hope that such a concession could be forthcoming. Has
anyone seen a definitive statement that it won't?

CM