[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Please reread my posts. As I stated, the iPod is still under the one-year
> warranty (the 90-day warranty is gone -- it is now one year). And I did state
> that there is no extended AppleCare coverage available for purchase for the
> iPod. But when one requests service, whether for a product under its original
> warranty or under AppleCare, you go to the same place on Apple's website --
> the AppleCare Support area. It is the same group of folks who are handling
> the situation. So the cudos went to the right group of people.

Wrong.  Unless Apple changed their policy in the last 12 hours or so...all iPods
have *only* a 90 day warranty.  Not one year...as one would assume with a piece
of Apple hardware. If you sent an iPod back to Apple outside of the 90 day
period and got service on it you are one in a million.  I had an iPod that
failed after 94 days.  Drive reported bad blocks.  Even though I used to work
for Apple, and I am currently a certified Mac tech, they would not warranty it.
I called and complained for 3 days straight and finally got them to agree, but
it was made VERY clear that Applecare does not apply to iPods (due to their
mobile tendencies) and that they were making an exception in my case.

Kyle H. Hansen
Apple Certified Technician
Apple Solution Expert
Macintosh Server Administrator