I just bought a slim VST red and yellow drive on ebay.  (Actually it was
a 3 pack) I already have one of these at the office which I use with my
Wallstreet there.  I'm buying this one for home.  The seller says it has
a 2 gb drive.  I already have an 8gb Travelstar out of my Powerbook
which I intend to slap in it.  I was curious as to how big of a drive I
could put in it.  I called VST tech support and the technician said that
all he could say was that they came originally with 4200 Travelstar
drives up to 30 GB in size and that he would stay close to specs.  I'm
wondering if 5400 drives will work in these enclosures and why a larger
capacity drive wouldn't work.  The tech support documentation says that
throughput is limited by the drive mechanism, not the firewire bus, so
I'm thinking that a faster drive would work just fine.  Thoughts?

Also, where is everybody getting the best deals on drives now?

John Slavin
Kirksville, MO
[EMAIL PROTECTED]