Too bad you can't put a new keyboard in, but I understand it's very easy
to replace keys on the keyboards. Could you replace the enter key with a
command key (from pbparts.com or elsewhere) and then make a special
keyboard layout that takes advantage of this other command key? It would
also have the advantage of having a command AND an option on the right
side of the space bar. I never use the enter key, so a command + option
would be the most useful for me (and I suspect many other people also).