Unfortunately this is a common problem, and also
unfortunately, I've never known the torx screw
adjustment to correct it.  I have had the same problem
twice, where you ever so gently touch the battery and
the laptop just dies.  Even after "repair", it still
happens occasionally.  Apple Service Center replaced
internal boards to solve the problem.  Popping the
battery out and back in every so often, and perhaps
checking to see if the contacts are clean, may seem to
help somewhat, but no guarantees.  I just naturally
favor that side now...

- Jeff Lentz