>> On Wednesday, Sep 11, 2002, at 19:23 US/Eastern,
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear All:
>>>
>>> I have a Wallstreet 250 and lately the battery
>> seems to get
>>> "disconnected"
>>> or fails to make contact  -- I'll be using it on
>> battery and then
>>> suddenly
>>> it shuts down as if there's no battery and needs
>> to be plugged in.
>>>
>>> Sometimes the battery charges, sometimes it
>> doesn't (and shows only one
>>> green LED or just the bottom 5th of the menu bar
>> battery gauge) and on
>>> some
>>> occasions the menu bar indicator has an "X"
>> through the battery.
>>>
>>> Is this a common problem?  Any and all suggestions
>> are welcome.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Spencer

Try this:

1. Charge the battery all the way up, if you can;
2. Drain it all, if you can, until the machine goes dead;
3. Recharge battery all the way, if you can;
4. Zap PRAM;
5. Reset Power Manager button;
6. Restart;
7. Shut down and take the battery out for the night, making sure the
battery's "posts" are free of junk;
8. Try it again after a break.
--
If you can read this, you've gone too far.
Best,