I started this thread a while back and got sidetracked by some other issues,
but I've now returned to it, it's not just my hard drive not sleeping, it's
the whole machine staying awake.

Specifics:
400 MHZ G3 Powerbook (Pismo)
OS 10.2.1
40 GB Hard drive
768 MB RAM

If I tell it to sleep via the menu item, the screen goes dark, then comes
back on.
If I close the lid, the drive still runs and while the screen seems off;
when I re-open the lid there is no delay everything seems available
instantly.
If I close the lid and leave it closed for extended periods of time
(overnight) the screen stays dark and I have to do a restart via
cntl+cmd+pwr buttons to get it run.

My questions are:
1.Has anyone else seen this type of thing and if so have you cured it and
how?
2. I've seen references to Powerbooks having sleep problems with Jaguar, are
they ongoing or has Apple documented a fix?

Any help or related comments would be appreciated.

Joe Ellis