On 30/09/02 12:27, "Joe Ellis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Laurent, at least I now know my problem is related to
> my installation and not the OS, I'll start looking at my process viewer
> tonight when I get home and see if I can spot anything. I also have the
> shareware program called MUG (Memory Usage Getter) that I will check to see
> what processes are running.
>
> The other suggestion about Appletalk doesn't relate because I have it turned
> off. I use Airport for networking.
>
> When you installed 10.2 did you install it over 10.1.5 or did you do a "wipe
> and install"? I installed over 10.1.5 and I'm concerned that it may be the
> cause of some my problems and they could be cured with  the thermonuclear
> approach as painful as that can be.

I went with a clean installation. Didn't want to mess up with stuff
remaining from 10.1.5. That might be the problem...

-Laurent.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   Washington, DC, USA
Great Renaming n.: The flag day in 1987 on which all of the non-local groups
on the Usenet had their names changed from the net.- format to the current
multiple-hierarchies scheme. Used esp. in discussing the history of
newsgroup names. "The oldest sources group is comp.sources.misc; before the
Great Renaming, it was net.sources." There is a Great Renaming FAQ on the
Web.