I just managed to drop my Pismo off the couch to the carpet, with no visible
damage, but now I am having problems with the brightness control. When it
boots the screen is very dim (as low as you can go with the keyboard control
and still see the screen) for just a second, then goes to normal brightness
for about ten seconds, then to dim again until just before the boot is
finished, where it goes back to full brightness. Any ideas on how to stop
this screen behavior?

Tom